Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where I've been

...two places...
at the computer working on a stinking blog post about my bathroom
and...
sick in bed...
oh, yeah- I had to work a couple days, too.

So here's an interim post until I can't get my bathroom blogged about. 

Arghhh! I cannot tell you how irritated I am about it. 

AnyHOOO...

Last Wednesday and Thursday...
so sick...
you know, 
yuck sick
:-(
I was in bed, still way yuckier than the rest of the family who had already recovered from this velociraptor of a virus

and this was my view when the fellows came back from an errand





They just busted in so excited to give me flowers. That's the back of Walker's head there, blowing out as fast as he blew in. Charlie said they spotted them growing in our fence and remembered on the way back from town to go get them. I just love those guys!

So, there's plenty more I could talk about that's happened since last post, but I won't bore you with the mundane details of trying to convince a child that 4 years old is plenty old enough to poop in the potty...His latest argument went something like this:
 
"But mommy, how would you feel if,"  imagine him sitting on the potty with the door open and yelling this to you in the other room, "I were bigger and you were little-er and I told you to use the potty. 
Now, how would you feel? You wouldn't like that, would you?"

Oh yeah, I wasn't gonna go into that...or that as punishment, Charlie taped his thumb with electrical tape for a few hours...killed him...that kid always has his thumb in his mouth. Not too happy.

So skip ahead...
to today...

Backstory: I have a job meeting lots of super people in law enforcement. There is no typical day or typical person in this line of work. And I'm so grateful to have these opportunities. 
 
Assignments I've had range from meeting an 11-child Amish family in their home without electricity 
or running water to photographing the governor. 
 
I've photographed from the floor at Rupp Arena a UK/UofL game.

 And I've watched the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks display from a 
Fish and Wildlife boat on the Ohio river.

and too much more to mention...
 
Of all them, the Amish family was my favorite assignment.
No comparison.
 
Anyway, today was no different. But this one...
right here in Berea!
 
At the Madison Southern High Homecoming Parade

Why? You're probably wondering...

Well, that nice young man in that  above photo was the National School Resource Officer of the Year.

And because, this summer, he had a major unexpected medical ordeal, he was unable to attend the recognition ceremony in Louisville. The administration presented Berea Police Department Officer James "Doty" Harris the award today and made him Grand Marshal of the Homecoming Parade. 

And as it would so happen, our magazine is featuring school resource officers in the next issue.

So, I took the boys and the hubby to work with me this evening.

They think I have a pretty cool job. 

They get to meet police officers and...

they get candy...

Lots of candy...

Enough candy that even big brother wanted to share


And they got to see tractors and big rigs, to boot!

Notice the thumb-- wrapped in electrical tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment