Friday, September 3, 2010

A Photo for Friday

The view from our dashboard in our 1992 Mazda Protege. Through the window, you might recognize the back end of a red Hummer :-). We like the irony. 

Take note of the mileage :-)

Can you tell that we're proud of this little puppy?

We think that our fellow parents in the preschool pick-up line probably think one of three things about us:
"those poor people probably put every extra dime they have into preschool, and I bet their kids don't bathe" 
OR 
"I hope they don't park to close to my car with THAT"
OR
"They are WEIRD and must listen to that Dave Ramsey nut" 


and they would all be right! 

No, just kidding! Our kids do get bathed (at least occasionally) and at this point, 
it's not every last dime for preschool. 

The rest would be right, though.


Because if we do park too close to you, especially in the winter, you might get smoked out! 

But, can you tell that...

We DON'T care!

It's not that we don't care about you getting smoked out. It's that we don't care what people might think of our choices- not this week anyway :-)

This car has been very good to us. My mom had to buy it new when I was 16 because I rear ended someone and created a new financial burden on her. She let me drive it a little when I was in college because my sister passed on a vehicle to us. My last year of college mom let me take it to Kentucky. Then, she was generous enough to give it to me when I get married in 2000. 

That little girl has driven the route from here to Bama about 100 times, I bet. She's been to the Grand Canyon, upstate New York (2 or 3 times), she's been to Dallas, Texas a couple times and a bunch more places.  And, she's transporting our three boys, all in the back seat, rather comfortably. 

But, she's not a four-wheel drive.


She smokes because in her very early years, her oil wasn't changed routinely. Then along came Charlie to sweep me off my feet and save her from eminent demise. 

She loves him. And he loves her. 

And we can't seem to part with her. 

Until this week, she was one of three vehicles. We sold the Corolla and she is now back to being my main source of transportation to and from work.

She's a good ride.

2 comments:

  1. 1)Your posts truly entertain me. 2) I love all the stories behind the car. don't ever get rid of it. 3) If I saw you in line for preschool, i would say, "They put their dog in the front seat? I see who the priority is. That poor lady had to ride squished between car seats."

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Elizabeth, I didn't even notice that. LOL! Yeah, I noticed I was in the back seat on the trip, but forgot to note that in the photo! You know, it just made for a more pleasant trip. Arwen always thinks she needs to be in driver's seat anyway, so I stopped fighting her for "shotgun"!

    ReplyDelete